Saturday, September 22, 2012

Farewell Summer


Most of the sun is gone from our deck, now. With the onset of cooler temperatures and grey skies, fall is making itself known here. I must say, it was a gloriously warm and sunny summer. All of July (although I was in Calgary for most of it, it was boiling there!) and August felt a bit like paradise. It was so nice to have it hot when family was visiting, too! Sometimes the grey skies are a bit daunting, and although I do like the cool walks in the neighbourhood, and it's not like it's getting COLD here, it's just...definitely not summer anymore. So I'm posting these pictures to remember the warm days, to remember strolling the neighbourhood in a summer dress, to remember when light filled our north-facing living room and when the sand was hot. Farewell, summer. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
New resident of Vancouver, B.C. Student of counselling and art therapy. Collector of scrap paper. Writer of songs and other things. I sing a lot. Eater of lentils. Shopper of old, used things. Crafter. Beekeeper. Lover of life and of getting the most out of it. I love brooches, but hardly ever wear them. I have learned a lot from all of my grandparents.